Question

Unable to use My Classes to verify assets since permission change

• 29 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

We have been using the My Classes integration with our SIS to allow teachers to verify student Chromebooks. Since we were rolled to the new site permissions, teachers are unable to complete the verification (it just spins and doesn’t allow you to continue).  I’ve been told by support that the site unification for staff and agents has resulted in some behind the scenes permission changes.  In order for teachers to now verify assets, they need “edit” permission for assets.  Obviously, we do not want staff to have full asset edit permission.  It appears we need to elevate this to IIQ developers to give staff permission to verify, but not to edit details.

Has anyone else who is using device verification experienced this?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@sestep Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Teachers do not need the additional permission to verify assets - this is a site option: 

In order for agents to verify assets, they will need the edit asset permission. 

I hope this helps! 

Badge +1

We are having the same issue here since the permission change. We were on with support today, they said we hade a setting wrong. However, it worked before the permission change, and still doesn’t work after support changed it on their end. We are in the middle of our end of the year audit and teachers can not go to My Classes and Verify without it spinning. Please elaborate on the solution. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@steve.spradlin For those teachers, it is just the site option: 

Please make sure this is enabled for your teachers. 

Badge +1

We don’t want to Check-In, Check-Out. It is just the verify that we want. Do we still need to turn on Check-in, check-out? When we tested last month for end of year teachers could verify as they always have before. Since the permission change, that no longer works. We’ve not made any changes. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@steve.spradlin You will only need the “allow teachers to verify students assets” & “enable my classes” to be turned on. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Here are our My Classes settings. We still get the spinning circle and do want out teachers to assign or unassign devices - only verify ownership using the verification feature.  Like Steve mentioned, our testing worked with staff being able to pass or fail an audit before the permission change, but now it only works if we give a test staff member full asset edit permissions which is not desirable.

Badge +1

@Kathryn Carter 

Both of those have been on the entire time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@steve.spradlin I have submitted an internal ticket for this and it will be looked into.