Question

Academy training seems broken

• 12 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I clicked “view course” underneath “get admin certified” and on the next page I click “start course” (no other options exist) and it brings me straight to the quiz. The course does not show up anywhere. I was thinking maybe it’s found somewhere else, but if that’s the case why would there be a link to click that says “start course” if it wasn’t suppose to actually start the course? It doesn’t say “start quiz”.

I decided to take the test without studying so I can get a more detailed idea of what I actually need to go over. It’s a busy day, lots going on and first question submitted by mistake. I thought to myself ok, no problem, I’ll just start over real quick, but this not possible. Is there really no ability to simply start over? Had a couple more I realized were wrong after submitting, but that’s my fault as we were warned. Ended up with a 74%, reviewed the questions I got wrong and went to take the test again, but it just brings me back to the same page with no option to start over. It only says did not score 80%, can’t proceed. I am hoping there is a way to retake the quiz and the issue is just that I tend to be a little slow.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NEngland 743eb7a jeffersonrise Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Did you log in through your iiQ connect? It should be allow you to retake the test. 

Userlevel 2

@NEngland 743eb7a jeffersonrise Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Did you log in through your iiQ connect? It should be allow you to retake the test. 

If you are referring to google SSO then yes and this the only way I’ve logged into incident IQ. I’m a little slow and just trying to understand your question some more, I apologize if it comes across as rude. Can you help me understand how I could have the problem I am describing where not being logged in would be the reason for it? Wouldn’t the fact that I’m even having this issue mean that I was logged in? How can I take the test for the first time or log back in and see the same exact test review when clicking to take the test again if I wasn’t actually logged in? I was able to take the test and then tried logging out and back in when it wouldn’t let me retake it. From get admin certified page once I click “start course” it brings me to the review of the test I already completed and says at the top that I can’t proceed because I didn’t pass. It seems as if it’s stuck and has not realized it needs to reset and allow me to retake it. 

Do you have any idea why we click on “start course”, but then it brings us to the 50 question quiz rather than an actual course to go over what’s on the quiz? Start course implies you will be brought to some sort of course where you are going over things rather than a quiz. If they knew it’s going to be a quiz then why did they use the word course to begin with?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @NEngland 743eb7a jeffersonrise 

Are you referring to this button within the Academy? To get certified it a whole course itself. If you click “start course” it will take you to the page “why get certified” that will give you more details regarding the quiz and the preparations on what courses/learning paths you should take before taking the quiz. 

I agree that the button terminology is a little misleading and we will have our team look into that. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions 

Userlevel 2

Hey @NEngland 743eb7a jeffersonrise 

Are you referring to this button within the Academy? To get certified it a whole course itself. If you click “start course” it will take you to the page “why get certified” that will give you more details regarding the quiz and the preparations on what courses/learning paths you should take before taking the quiz. 

I agree that the button terminology is a little misleading and we will have our team look into that. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions 

I thought the terminology was strange enough when I clicked “course” to start the quiz, but I just noticed that you can click both quick and course which bring you to the same page. Just that definitely seems like it could be a terminology issue, but when we look at both links, two completely different words bringing you to the same exact page, it feels like maybe a deeper issue. Just guessing here in an attempt to figure out what’s going on. They both have the same URL up until the end at which point “quiz” is extend with the following:

“activities/6d604666-1754-44ff-aa5e-511a469bb829”

https://prnt.sc/Uw5bjTdof5Iq

This is my screen once I click on start course. It’s like something is actually stuck and the system doesn’t know it needs to reset my quiz. 

https://prnt.sc/9wwjqdtcaC3b

Bottom of page, continue is greyed out. How should this continue button look for someone who didn’t pass the test? Should it be greyed out or should we be able to click continue and then it brings us back to retake? 

https://prnt.sc/_NdCg80kSSNp

Get admin certified page which seems to think I have not started the quiz yet, but as you can see on the first link

https://prnt.sc/HJNqNtWvQdpe

Whether I get to the quiz by clicking on “start quiz” under table of contents or clicking “why get certified” and then clicking continue at the bottom, it is the same issue with continue greyed out like in the earlier photo. 

https://prnt.sc/jpDzfWg3XvHp

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NEngland 743eb7a jeffersonrise

Apologizes for all the confusion with the Academy Course/Quiz. 

I went ahead and made a change to your account that should resolve this issue with the button being greyed out and not being able to retake the quiz. Please try again and see if you are able to retake that Admin quiz. 

Userlevel 2

@NEngland 743eb7a jeffersonrise

Apologizes for all the confusion with the Academy Course/Quiz. 

I went ahead and made a change to your account that should resolve this issue with the button being greyed out and not being able to retake the quiz. Please try again and see if you are able to retake that Admin quiz. 

I refreshed the page this morning and it’s allowing me to retake, thank you!