Skip to main content

We recently went through the upgrade process for the Enhanced permissions model. During that conversion, the “GLOBAL - AGENT ROLE PERMISSIONS” appear to have been changed. Our policy that was converted contains only the “Submit Tickets” permission in the “Tickets” category. Not sure what happened during the conversion, but I am pretty sure we are missing several settings from the default.

I would like to reset this policy to have the same settings that were default. Does anyone have a screenshot or list of the Default settings for the Global policy?

There was a KB posting from @Hannah Bailey with screenshots of the Default Global Policies. I am pretty sure those are not correct for the Agent role. I would think “Work Tickets” would definitely be set for the default “Agent” role.

Thanks,

-Chris

@CLamb  - I have reached out to your CSM regarding the transitions to the new permissions. 

With the older version of permissions the default global polices options should not have changed. Here is a screenshot of the older version with those ticket options disabled.  

Thanks so much for clarifying that @Hannah Bailey. It’s been several years since we implemented iiQ, so I wasn’t sure what the defaults were! We must have known that, because we also have a Custom Agent policy specifically for our techs. 

-Chris

@CLamb 

I had to look back to my documents when I first started 3+ years ago to find the default policies 😁

What i think happened is you created a custom agent policy in the old version and mapped it to be the agent default policy. But I have let your CSM known about migration issues. 

@Hannah Bailey,

The screenshot you included in the Enhanced Permissions KB article matches what our Global Policy was converted to. I don’t think the conversion team missed anything. Our customized Tech policy was also duplicated so we haven’t had any issues.

I am getting around to changing all of our permissions to utilize the new additive “Policies” so I wanted to make sure our defaults were indeed the defaults and build onto those for our specific needs.

Over the years, we have had to make several people “agents”. We will soon be removing all those folks and just including them in the individual “Roles” they need.

Thanks for all the clarification. I’m pretty sure I’m good to move forward.  

-Chris