Hosting multiple "Schools" at one location, or grouping locations together

Badge

At our district, we have a location that hosts multiple “schools”. We currently have two charters working out of the district facility and using some district equipment, such as desktops and projectors. Their students exist in a weird “in-district but not actually in-district” state, and to make this even more confusing, we have a classroom of in-district students that is staffed by one of the charters. To better organize where the students are located, we’ve created multiple “schools” in our SIS platform that sync into iiQ. The issue arises when tickets at these sites come in, as different staff put in their tickets from each “school” and devices that are located at the facility get divided between the different “schools” and move around constantly. I would prefer to have one large group, such as a “Campus” that can house all of the devices and any tickets submitted from any “School” within it will be part of this group, while maintaining the SIS sync to each “School”. I understand that most people wouldn’t need to use this feature as almost everywhere else “Campus” and “School” are synonymous. There was another thread that mentioned grouping sites together to accomplish a similar goal, when one tech or one pool of devices services a few schools. I think that could work for me as well. Setting users to multiple locations | Community (incidentiq.com)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@KLara 6634251 buhsd Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I am thinking you would just create two locations and have the charter school students have a specific location for them. However, if you use rules to assign tickets, you could just include both locations. 

I like the setup of the link you added for adding users to multiple locations, but in that case, for this example, I would reach out to your CSM to get yours specifically set up for your district's use case. 

Badge

@Kathryn Carter I currently do have the multiple different schools and programs set in iiQ as different locations, but this poses a problem since I would like one device pool service every school and program at this site (such as having the device locations set to the main building location no matter what school it’s actually servicing), ticket rules to work based on the singular location instead of having to select one of the many schools, and so permissions filters such as “User’s assigned location” would apply to all of the schools at the location instead of having to create custom policies for everyone located at any of these schools.

Hey @KLara 6634251 buhsd I will reach out to you.  We can schedule a meeting to work through some solutions because this is a great question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for following up on this! @svanassche_iiQ2 😄