Solved

Knowledge Base Copy/Paste

Badge

I can no longer copy and paste pictures into the Knowledge Base.  Any ideas?  

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 7 April 2023, 17:02

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CHill 8432140 rochester Thank you for submitting your questions. I went and tested this on your site but seemed to have no problem. Would you mind submitting a screenshot of where you are having trouble? 

Badge

How do I submit a screen shot of Ctrl+C from the snipping tool and Ctrl+V into the the knowledge base resolution as not working other than showing you a blank screen?  What method of copy and paste are you using on our site?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CHill 8432140 rochester I got some clarification on this, and you should have to download the photo and then upload it into iiQ. 😄

I am sorry you will not be able to copy and paste anymore!

Badge

Is there a reason why this feature is not available?    It was working with Ctrl+C from the snipping tool and Ctrl+V into the the knowledge base resolution up until Friday, March 17.  Monday, March 20 was the first time I needed to download and upload a photo.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CHill 8432140 rochester I went ahead and submitted a support ticket on your behalf for this. Someone from our support team will be in touch soon to help get this resolved 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CHill 8432140 rochester I just heard back from our team and you will not be able to copy/paste into KB. Please upvote and comment on the thread. 😄

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Kathryn Carter  Are we able to get clarification on why this was changed? This is going to add so much more time and effort into creating Knowledge Base articles.

If it was working before March 17th, why in the world would this functionality be taken away? This is the opposite of a site improvement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mdangelo I heard back from our support team yesterday with some additional detail, and we have been speaking about this internally. Our team is working on it and I will be able to update you (hopefully) soon. 😄

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Kathryn Carter Do you have any updates on this? We are wanting to expand our Knowledge Base in IIQ this summer and this has put a major damper on that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mdangelo I do not have any at this time.😔

If it makes you feel any better, for all of the articles we are posting on Community, we are no longer able to copy and paste photos anymore either. We have to upload them as you do into KB. I have been feeling the same pain as y’all are. This idea has my vote as well! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@mdangelo I do not have any at this time.😔

If it makes you feel any better, for all of the articles we are posting on Community, we are no longer able to copy and paste photos anymore either. We have to upload them as you do into KB. I have been feeling the same pain as y’all are. This idea has my vote as well! 

Got it! Looks like we are all in the same 🚤 then.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Happy to report that we can now paste directly into Knowledge Base articles again!

Thank you IIQ!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mdangelo WOOHOO!😄