Solved

Follower Comments changing status

• 29 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is it possible to make it so when a follower adds a comment to a “Waiting on Requestor” ticket, it changes the status to “In Progress”? I know when the ticket creator comments it will change that status, but in sometimes a follower will add information and it still says “Waiting on Requestor”.

icon

Best answer by AWhipple 29 February 2024, 22:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I haven’t tested it, but there is a filter in the “When ticket is updated” rules called “When field is updated”. Comments is one of those fields, so you could select that and filter for when ticket status is “Waiting on Requestor”. Then just set a Set Status action to In Progress. That should catch any time someone comments and the ticket status is set to Waiting on Requestor:

Let me know if that works, I’m curious haha!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

You can further refine to specify only followers as well, using the “Ticket Attribute > I am a follower” field… that is if the original rule works like it looks like it should.

The extra flag would allow the assigned agent to post a comment asking for a status update if it’s been sitting stale waiting for someone to respond, without putting it back into in progress.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@TAnders I didn’t realize that was an option, thanks for the comment! Side note, what extension do you use to get dark mode on IIQ? I haven’t had much luck with any yet, That one looks really solid!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@TAnders I didn’t realize that was an option, thanks for the comment! Side note, what extension do you use to get dark mode on IIQ? I haven’t had much luck with any yet, That one looks really solid!

Dark Reader in Chrome is what I’m using. Works pretty good, some sites will be unviewable based on their coding, but has an easy on/off switch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@RSeward 440d0b9 d300 Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

@TAnders @AWhipple Thank you both for jumping into this discussion. The rule should work to get that status updated for both when a user or follower updates the status. 

Badge

I haven’t tested it, but there is a filter in the “When ticket is updated” rules called “When field is updated”. Comments is one of those fields, so you could select that and filter for when ticket status is “Waiting on Requestor”. Then just set a Set Status action to In Progress. That should catch any time someone comments and the ticket status is set to Waiting on Requestor:

Let me know if that works, I’m curious haha!

That worked great. Thank you!