Solved

Moving Tickets Between Modules

• 22 November 2022
  • 14 replies

Badge

Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to move tickets from “Ticketing” and reassign to Facilities or Human Resources module?

icon

Best answer by vince 1 December 2022, 17:49

View original

14 replies

Badge

I-IQ provides no way that I know of.

Basically I rewrite the ticket.  Which is a pain.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

There is a shortcut that will flip the ticket from “Ticketing to Facilities.”

Badge

There is a shortcut that will flip the ticket from “Ticketing to Facilities.”

Please include a screenshot with said shortcut.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

As you wish…

Badge

Mmm … sorry, but I have no shortcuts menu that I know of.  How do I get to that screen?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

No worries, I can help!

Open any ticket and look for:

When you click on shortcuts, choose All Shortcuts. Then in the search bar of the Shortcuts window, type Fac or facilities.

Badge

OK Thanks.  I got to the shortcuts screen, and searched using “fac”, as shown on your screen.  

We have no such shortcut defined in our system.

The shortcut concept looks interesting, though.  Where can I read a primer about how to create and use shortcuts?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

You can find that in the KB, here; Tickets | Community (incidentiq.com) look for this...

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes, you can change a ticket to a different product. You need to create a shortcut for each “other module” to do this.

The shortcut should have an action of “Set product” and choose either Facilities or HR. Name your shortcut accordingly.

You can apply this shortcut either in the ticket list (check box(es) and Other > Run Shortcuts > pick your set product shortcut) or when a ticket is in progress - Shortcuts > All Shortcuts > pick your set product shortcut).

Badge

If the ticket has not be assigned to a team member, then you can “move” the ticket to another department.

Select More then Change Issue and you can select the other department, i.e. MAintenance...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Wow! Thank you everyone for jumping in on this thread to help your fellow community member. This is the kind of response we would love to see on each thread. 

Thank you @vince @blankenshipr and @mwhite for providing your insight and screenshots! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We’ve tried to create a rule to catch these tickets before hand and perform a “set product” action of Facilities etc.

However, it isn’t perfect and this shortcut option I see people using is going to become apart of my arsenal as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to move tickets from “Ticketing” and reassign to Facilities or Human Resources module?

Just found this thread - it’s a game changer as we just went live with the Facilities module.  Thank you for figuring this out for me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mcarrigan Congrats on going live with facilities! Looking forward to hearing about your use cases with it!