Solved

Changing a Parent Guest user to an Employee Agent user

• 5 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

A parent in our district was hired as an employee. As a parent, she has a guest IIQ account (janedoe@gmail.com) and has put in Guest tickets as a parent. She started as an employee today so her Google credentials (jdoe1234@ourdomain) were created today. 

I am trying to get Campus/Google to sync her employee information to IIQ so I can make her an IIQ agent, but it keeps syncing her as a parent/Guest. I tried manually editing her IIQ user information and changing her email/username from her personal gmail to her district email address and changing her access from Guest to Agent, but she's unable to SSO in even after I reran the Campus-IIQ and Google-IIQ syncs so I changed it back.

It looks like Campus and Google are sharing her employee information on the Guest account (for instance, Google shows the OU her employee account is in) but the username on the account remains her personal email. 

There are not two accounts for her, so I can’t merge her Guest and Agent accounts.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  

icon

Best answer by mcarrigan 6 September 2023, 22:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I put in a ticket for this to IIQ and here’s the response:  

“what I did was goto her parent/guardian account and made slight adjustments to her name and email. I then went ahead and pushed a sync on your SSO and this brought in her account correctly and not list it under her parent/guardian account. I also went ahead and connected her profile to her PowerSchool profile.”

I asked if I could have done this myself.  The answer was yes.  Basically you have to rename the parent’s Guest account (add a character at the end of the first name, last name, and username/email address) and then resync Google and Campus to IIQ to pull in the employee data under a separate Staff user account.

I went back to the renamed Guest account and changed the name back to the original first, last, username so it matches her parent account in Campus.

I don’t know why IIQ got stuck creating her Staff user originally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mcarrigan That is an interesting turn of events within this question. 

I am glad support was able to adjust the user to reflect the proper credentials. Thank you for adding their solution here as well 😄