Question

Exporting view information

• 22 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

For the end of year process in my district we are making lists of students, their devices, and weather or not they have open tickets (to prevent duplicate tickets from being submitted durring collection). When I go to export the views I made for each grade it will not export any ticket information. Is there a way to get it to at least export the ticket number?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ADelfin 280e6e7 silverschools Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

What filters are you using for this? Which columns do you have in your custom view? Not all columns are exportable at this time but it should give you a ticket number. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This type of data threw me for a loop for a while because I was starting with the Users section and trying to get asset data. Only a small amount of asset data can be viewed from the Users section.

If you start at the Assets section, you should be able to create a view for this.

I just set one up with the Location set to the middle school I support, and the model of Chromebook students have.

I then added quite a few columns - screenshot below with those.

The resulting view includes a Ticket column where I can submit or view the ticket. I’ll include that screenshot too.

Badge

@Kathryn Carter @meyeral The list I set up is under the “asset” tab. I’m using the Grade, User Role, and location FIlter. the Colomns are Owner, Asset Tag, Model, Location, and Ticket colomns. Fairly SImilar to @meyeral Colomn options just under the asset tab instead of the location tab. WHen i go to export the data it will only export the Owner, Asset tag, Model, and Location colomns. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ugh. I’ve seen that a few times where we can view the data in IIQ, but can’t export it.  This might be a situation where you’d have to merge data from 2 spreadsheets, but maybe Kathryn has a better idea for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

So, currently, not all columns are exportable. Here is the idea about being able to export all columns; check it out: 

I unfortunately do not have a better work around for you at this time.