Solved

Tickets submitted by "System Anonymous"

• 19 September 2023
  • 9 replies

For the past two days, we’ve had tickets show up as being submitted by “System Anonymous”. It’s not all tickets but seems to be a random mix. I can’t find any other mention of this anywhere. Any idea why it stopped pulling correct info?

icon

Best answer by mwhite 14 November 2023, 23:45

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

This might be something you’d want to open a ticket directly with Support about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JBennett 6905a19 d35 Thank you for submitting your question to our Community. 

Please submit a ticket to support. Thanks @PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd for jumping in 😄

@JBennett 6905a19 d35 Thank you for submitting your question to our Community. 

Please submit a ticket to support. Thanks @PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd for jumping in 😄

I did and they didn’t respond.😑

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JBennett 6905a19 d35 What is the ticket number? I will follow up

That’s the odd things. I emailed support@incidentiq.com and I never got a reply with a case #

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JBennett 6905a19 d35 Hmmm, that is odd. I would suggest submitting it through the help tab in the portal. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have spoken to Incident IQ support about this exact thing.

From my ticket with support:

“This is from a new enhancement that was released, that added changes to the email to ticketing that would be to capture the submitter information while still alerting of any unverified emails. System anonymous will now be on behalf of said user.”

“This occurs because they have not validated their email, it does not prevent any action from being taken on the ticket in anyway. This is only a precautionary letting you know that this email has not been validated. This works with everyone across the board and this is intended as a security feature to let you know that there was no validation entered on this email and that anyone could have entered it in.”

Additionally,

“The verification for remote support ticketing was a setting that was a part of the May enhancements. However, due to some functionality issues, this was able to be turned off and this was done for you (my district). Since then, we (iiQ) have implemented additional security features associated with this functionality where if an email was not verified, it would show as submitted by System Anonymous for the user with the header 'Warning - Ticket was submitted by an unverified user'. With this setting turned off, your users wouldn't be able to verify their email, even if their account is in the system. The best option to remove System Anonymous from creating tickets on behalf of users would be to (re)enable this site setting on the backend. Once this setting is turned on, users would submit a remote support ticket and need to verify their email through a code being sent out. Once they submit this code, the account will be verified for that device for the user and they would not need to verify their email again for that device as long as the user token stays on that device (clearing cache may require them to verify their email on that device again). This process would need to be done even if they have an active account in IIQ. This was added in an effort to prevent situations where bad actors initiate social engineering attacks against districts or users at districts.”

Now, this is frustrating for my district, we are a very small school and our students come into our building to submit a ticket for a repair. They use a Chromebook that we have logged in and the support ticket open and ready for them to fill out. After they submit it, we now have to change the “System Anonymous on behalf of” to submitted for the student. This is adding additional work on our end, with updating that ticket. ON the other had it would take a MUCH longer amount of time for the students, if they had to log into the CB and then open iiQ and start the ticket, then “validate” their email address and then go back to the ticket to complete it.  I was also told to submit a Idea for them to allow this option to be turned off.  But I wanted to update this thread from what I have been told.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have added a request for this to be allowed to be turned off, please upvote to help with getting this to be added to an enhancement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mwhite Thank you for sharing the support team’s response! Heading to your idea now.