Solved

Band and String instrument Assets and assignment.

• 13 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Can IIQ asset be used for management/ check in/ check out for Band and String instruments? What would that look like? Do we need custom fields? Has anyone done this with instruments?  Also, is there a way to auto generate an email to parents when an asset is assigned to a student?

icon

Best answer by davecarty 14 April 2023, 14:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I believe @davecarty is doing this, but I could be wrong.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Yes we are. We have a Model Category for Instruments and created Models under it. We don’t have parent emails in IIQ so we do not send an email to parents, but students get an email whenever an asset is checked out or in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@davecarty Thank you for sharing your experience!

@jclark16 Way to be able to identify your fellow community member’s workflow!

@I.T. tech Mayfield Looking forward to seeing your workflow! Here is an idea to upvote about sending parents emails!😄

Badge

I was thinking of creating an asset type called Instruments and then category of Music and then a sub category for each of the instrument types. Does that make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@I.T. tech Mayfield Makes sense to me! However, I would switch Music to the asset type since all instruments would fall under that topic, and down the road, you would be able to add more instruments as needed. 

@davecarty Would you mind sharing more about your implementation for this district?   

Badge

Yes, that makes more sense, because Then we could have a music book category too. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@I.T. tech Mayfield Of course! Please update us when you have it set up!! Looking forward to seeing what you have created!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We have an Asset Type called Instruments

We also have a Parent Category called Instruments  sub categories called Woodwind, Brass, Strings, and Percussion.