Question

Delete/Rename Storage Units

• 14 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is it possible to remove and/or rename storage units? Some storage units were accidently created while importing assets. I can’t seem to find a way to edit them.

Also, it seems the only way to see a list of all storage units is during the process of selecting the storage unit filter? This should be its own dashboard and management page like spare pools.

6 replies

Badge

Logging in today, I see that empty storage units are automatically deleted.

Badge +1

Same questions and suggestions, storage management really is in need of improvements. Ability to rename containers as well as one area to find all the storage containers. 

Badge

Same questions and suggestions, storage management really is in need of improvements. Ability to rename containers as well as one area to find all the storage containers. 

I created an idea for storage management. Please upvote it here: Storage Management | Community (incidentiq.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jhumphrey 
Thank you for submitting that idea in our idea exchange. 

You can edit storage units and the slot should be directly editable on the asset itself. Additionally, if they need to be wiped out in bulk a rule could potentially be set up.

Badge

How do you find a storage unit once it has assets.  I need to add more assets to a storage unit that is already made.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CSisco 697241f abss -

You are able to filer by the storage unit and find that assets that are already assigned to that unit: 

If you are wanting to add assets into the storage unit you can scan those assets, next bulk select the assets, then select Other > Set Info.