Question

How often are models in the global Incident IQ Catalog updated?

• 8 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Our district just ordered several iPads (10th generation) but I noticed Incident IQ does not yet have this included in their list of available models as part of the global Incident IQ Catalog.

We can create our own model for it, but then, after Incident IQ gets around to updating the catalog, we’ll have two categories with the same name.

How often does Incident IQ update the global model catalog? Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I’ll add: it would be nice if the model names in the global Incident IQ Catalog were consistent:

Why is one of these called “Apple iPad 2 Wifi” and the other “Apple iPad (8th Generation)”?

Shouldn’t “Apple iPad 2 Wifi” be named “Apple iPad (2nd Generation)”?

We’re going to create a custom name to replace the poor naming consistency found across the global Incident IQ Catalog.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@zige Thanks for submitting your question. The model categories are not updated as a new generation of product comes out. I would go ahead and create the custom models. It will allow you to include all the information you want and allows you to name it consistently. I hope this helps 😄

Badge

@zige Thanks for submitting your question. The model categories are not updated as a new generation of product comes out. I would go ahead and create the custom models. It will allow you to include all the information you want and allows you to name it consistently. I hope this helps 😄

I am brand new to IIQ so I am very hopeful that I am just missing something.  There are SO many common models that are NOT included in the model category database.  

Yes, I understand I can go through and individually add entries for each make/model, and then flip the switch to make it “available” in ticketing.  

As I said, I am new, and it is very possible I am missing something, but not having the ability to import a large group of “new models” is causing bottlenecks as we try to import assets to move on in our onboarding process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@dallenbaugh Our global catalog is not updated with each generation of new products. I know your CSM has reached out to assist you with this! Here is an idea to upvote about importing models and manufactures.