Question

Issue when unassigning assets

• 14 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

When unassigning a device on the device details page, the device will show as unassigned but when the page is refreshed it will revert back to the previous owner that it was just unassigned from. This will sometimes happen 5+ times before it will stick. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue. It is causing significant delays or if not noticed it has caused errors in our data.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LMauldin 1232e9d levyk12 Hi there!

Would you mind taking a screenshot or video example? 

Badge

Please see the linked video in which I am attempting to bulk unassign 10 chromebooks. It takes 4 times for all of them to process. Nothing shows as skipped but the asset does not unassign. 

https://watch.screencastify.com/v/HZCQQB7sRyovTDsWOOBU

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LMauldin 1232e9d levyk12 Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I just submitted this to our support team for you. I will let you know when I get an update. 

Badge

Thank you. Here’s another video of the same issue but as a one off instead of bulk. https://watch.screencastify.com/v/AJhQXzUobmkcPrzbbx4o

Badge

If it makes a difference, we do have a rule running on assign/unassign that will do a Google Device enable/disable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LMauldin 1232e9d levyk12 Thank you for the additional detail on this! I have passed it onto support! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Kathryn Carter is there any update on this? I noticed this happening as well a few weeks ago when setting up a process for checking-in/checking-out loaner devices. It doesn’t happen for every device, but as @LMauldin 1232e9d levyk12 mentioned it will sometimes happen multiple times for the same device and the timeline view will update and display that the Owner was removed and update the Previous Owner field. Something to note, I’ve personally found that when checking a device in/out from a Spare Pool within a ticket this issue does not occur, but using the batch check-in/check-out feature it will.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DBergstol 8606904 ewrsd Our system says the fix was released. If you are still experiencing this issue, please submit a ticket to support.