Solved

Room Audits

Badge

What is the best way to room audit in the summer? Ideally, we’d be able to “go into a room” to see all devices that are assigned in that room. I see there’s some ideas floating out here to click on a map and see nested assets within a room. We’ve created views before, but that gets extremely messy.

Is there an ideal workflow currently, or just scanning?  

icon

Best answer by TDeering 407bd83 chsd155 9 May 2024, 21:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

As part of our yearly audit, we go room to room scanning all of the assets, change their statuses and assigned room en masse, and then mark them as verified. Once that is complete, we then review an asset view set up to identify all unverified assets assigned to a room and troubleshoot.

Having this view available lets us better see patterns and, when appropriate, treat unverified assets en masse. For example, we may come across assets from a lab that were replaced and be able to use the view to select all of those unverified assets and adjust them at once.

With that said, I am hoping for the interactive map to have the ability to show all assets assigned to the room if we click on the room tagged on the map. Not necessarily asking to have the assets “mapped”, I am more asking for the option to have the assets for that room show up in a table similar to what we might see if we set up a view for that room. As a bonus, it would be great if that could then be used to pin the assets onto the map.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MSmith 51710f5 amherstk12 Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

This is an important topic, especially as the end of the year is approaching. 

Here are some guides and conversations to check out: 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

As part of our yearly audit, we go room to room scanning all of the assets, change their statuses and assigned room en masse, and then mark them as verified.

Hey, when you say that you’re going room to room scanning all of the assets, what are you scanning them into? Incident IQ or a spreadsheet? And you mentioned that you “change their statuses and assigned rooms en masse” — how are you doing this exactly?

Just trying to get ideas. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

As part of our yearly audit, we go room to room scanning all of the assets, change their statuses and assigned room en masse, and then mark them as verified.

Hey, when you say that you’re going room to room scanning all of the assets, what are you scanning them into? Incident IQ or a spreadsheet? And you mentioned that you “change their statuses and assigned rooms en masse” — how are you doing this exactly?

Just trying to get ideas. Thanks.

We use the rapid scan feature in IIQ. One method to trigger rapid scan (the non-mobile version), is to open up the global search on the dashboard, scan an asset ID, and then click on “Assets” (see below). I think the trigger for the rapid scan was different prior to the global search feature roll out.

From there, scan the device again. You should see a screen like this.

Once you see this, start scanning in the assets for the room. If there are assets that can’t be scanned, you can enter in their ID instead. Since we usually use a phone to capture those, we will be trying out the mobile version for the rapid scan feature this summer. Once they are all scanned, you can select them all or just some of the assets to complete actions in bulk. 

We use this to verify assets, update pools, and update inventories.

While there is also a way to mass insert scanned assets into a view from a spreadsheet and conduct mass actions from the view, scanning assets directly into IIQ is recommended given that it takes less steps. I only mention this other option as there have been times when I have found it to be useful outside of summer inventory work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TDeering 407bd83 chsd155 Thank you for adding so much context to this thread! This is great!