Skip to main content

When starting with any new system, learning the associated terminology and settings can be challenging. Here is a checklist before importing facilities assets, along with some knowledge base guides. 

The required fields when importing assets: Model and Asset Tag

Optional Fields: Location, Serial Number

Any additional fields are called Custom Fields with Incident IQ.

First, check that Incident IQ has the manufacturers and models prior to your import. 

You can check by navigating to the manufacturers or models tabs on the left sidebar under Administration.  

FuWrAOYFa4ZdhKMsqphM8x_ZhbEFTQrWU48z3iT5F8UwnJcCeUkO33xwRpNJAT6YM43jBQBnpeTsgaE5x3-Xnl6PgYDPM9WIkwNXG1PxjHiBVd8PNeorVWDuYoVa8aveXKn-pBK_1xbCXxwqHZ5mQYY

Here is a knowledge base guide to learn more about managing and creating new models as well as manufacturers. Please note when creating a new model, the manufacture field is required.  

When onboarding other facilities teams, we have heard that other systems refer to manufacturers as vendors. 

Also, you are able to create your own Model Categories if needed (e.g. Vehicles, HVAC, Lighting, Safety). This will help separate your assets into more granular categories but is not required.  

If you want to import additional fields (e.g. fiscal year, acquisition cost, acquisition method, department code, class code) you will need to create a custom field before the import process. Here is the knowledge base guide on creating and managing custom fields

Now you are ready to start importing your facilities assets. 

Importing Assets into iiQ:

Managing Assets and Asset Data:

Does the Facilities add-on for IIQ come with a prebuilt Asset/Manufacturer/Model list similar to the one that was included with the IIQ Technology asset management piece? Or will our not-so-tech-savvy Facilities employees have to create their entire Asset/Manufacturer/Model structure from scratch?

@Mike1 Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Our facilities app has an Incident IQ model catalog just like within IT & Assets. 

I hope this is what you are looking for! 

When are we going to be able to create models on import rather than painstakingly creating them manually?

@irhett Thank you for your feedback. At this point, you still need to create those models manually. This would be a great idea for our idea exchange. You can submit that here: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas 

@Kathryn Carter 

Thank you for the reply.  I have been told this is being worked on and discussed to be added for at least 5 years so I do not think there is any hope of this becoming an actual feature.  It is very frustrating that we cannot do this because in order to make it work, we have to put everything in as a generic asset and it makes the product look terrible when I show it off.  It cannot be expected for end users to enter thousands of models manually.  Hopefully it actually does come out some time before I retire in about 25 years but I wouldn’t put money on it.

@irhett Here is the link for the idea I submitted on your behalf. It is committed according to our product team: