Skip to main content

Seems silly to need to filter search results, but the search feature is basically unusable in it’s current state.

I type in part of a name and I get every single user, student, staff, parent, etc that has that name or contains part of that name. And then even worse, there is no order to the results. It isn’t alphabetical, it isn’t sorted any manner that makes sense. 

@ZGarber 4208988 glshelp 

To find exact matches: Quotations (“_” just like in Google) can now be used to execute an exact match word/phrase search in the system as well.  When quotations are not used, a standard keyword search match is performed with the highest matching showing at the top. 

I hope this helps 😁

@ZGarber 4208988 glshelp

To find exact matches: Quotations (“_” just like in Google) can now be used to execute an exact match word/phrase search in the system as well.  When quotations are not used, a standard keyword search match is performed with the highest matching showing at the top. 

I hope this helps 😁

But what is the metric for highest matching?

If I search Smith

The order on the first page is mother, father, father, mother, mother. It isn’t until page 11 I get my first student. The order isn’t alphabetical either, it is just a random order of names. Using quotes doesn’t change the ease of finding anything, just a different order.