Question

Model Mappings - iPad

• 20 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We have an integration with FileWave. When our iPads are imported in, the model “iPad” shows up in the Model Mappings tab. We currently have it mapped to just Apple iPads. We would really like it to sync with the actual model of the ipads (10th, 9th, 8th generation, etc.) so that we can better track the age of devices. Right now - we have over 3,000 iPads that all say model “iPad” any help would be appreciated. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ashleyj Thanks for submitting your question. You can update your assets via CSV format with the proper models. I suggest submitting a support ticket to ensure everything is mapped correctly for your specific case, but you can update the ipads with an upload! 

Badge

Yes, we are having the same problem. We have two iPad models showing from FileWave “iPad” and “iPad3,2” I believe the ninth gens should be showing up as “iPad12,1” but that option isn’t there as a source from FileWave.

I looked at the fields being brought in from Filewave and it seems that changing the source from model to product should fix that issue.

Another issue with mapping data is the inability to map some fields from IIQ to Filewave custom fields. For instance it would be great for us to map PO number from IIQ to a FileWave custom fields like IIQ_PO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@dburk I would suggest submitting a ticket with support for this. For the additional mapping, I would suggest submitting your idea to our Idea Exchange: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas