Skip to main content

Hello,  I’m trying to figure out if there is a maximum file size for attachments for a knowledge base article.  Does anyone know the max?  

My goal is to use the knowledge base to story digital copies of things like as-built records, O&M manuals, etc.  Some of these files are quite large (500mb).

@JacksonJT Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I have tried to test this, but I do not have any files that large to attempt to upload. Have you tried to upload any of them yet? What did you find? 

Hey @Kathryn Carter ,

When attempting to upload a collection of files, files between 5-25(ish)mb were successfully uploaded, but the two larger files 400 & 500mb were not.  When attempting to upload those individually, nothing happened and there was no error message or other indication of why it didn’t upload.

Best,

Jackson

@JacksonJT Alright, so I met with our product team. There is a 25mg Blob Space limit in various other uploading sections of our site, so there might be some correlation. If you wouldn’t mind screen recording the lack of error prompt and submitting that to our support team so we can get that fixed, we would appreciate it! 😄