Solved

Limiting Asset Visibility

• 11 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am trying to see if it’s possible to make certain assets visible to a select group of users. I have a department that wants to add equipment to IIQ( which I can do) , but I need to make it only visible to that departments users. I first thought maybe create a team for that department but I can't find anything that would suggest we can narrow those assets down to be visible by only that team. Alternatively, I thought maybe make a certain user group ( ie: agent, guest, etc) and go from that angle? Or is it possible to make certain asset groups only be seen by certain users, maybe edit each users permission in that department to see that equipment. Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 14 November 2022, 20:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LBranch 21332af emsisd Thank you for submitting your question. 

I would suggest creating a group policy (in your permissions) and then you can limit or allow access for assets. I would create a team and assign them the group policy. You can adjust each user’s permission if it is different for each person. Or even create the group policy and just adjust location for each person. Here is the guide to help you: 

You can assign each in your group individually or in bulk. I hope this helps 😄