Solved

Email ticket rule to auto close ticket

• 15 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a rule to create a ticket on email but I am wanting to automatically close the ticket on creation. Is there a way in the rules to make this happen?

icon

Best answer by JRowe 1017e3 scuc 17 April 2024, 18:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@JRowe 1017e3 scuc So you want it to not create a ticket via email if certain conditions are met.. IE “auto reply emails do not create a ticket” 

or do you mean after the email has created a ticket you want it to AUTO close that ticket it created ?

Badge

After the email has created a ticket you want it to AUTO close that ticket it created. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I tried several different ways and I can’t say I found any way to get the ticket to be marked Resolved immediately since you can’t set the Status for a “when ‘From email’” rule. I tried setting a tag on email creation and having tickets Stale <1 Day be marked Resolved, but I have to imagine there is some kind of internal trigger. I think the best you’d get is having the ticket be closed a day after it was created.

But I have to ask - what is the use case? It seems really obscure to WANT the ticket be created but then want it to be IMMEDIATELY resolved.

Badge

With the help from one of my coworkers he was able to get it working with the fowling rules below. Also we were able to get this concept working with a ticket template which seems to be a better option. The only issue is on the mobile app it will not show ticket templates. ☹️ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRowe 1017e3 scuc Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 I am glad you were able to get your answer. 

Thank you @PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd and @ADeLacy 640001e ghsd for jumping in on this thread.