Solved

Delete School ID

• 17 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to delete the school Id from each users, or simply disable it. My district is trying to transfer over to the email address to identify students and staff

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 23 November 2022, 20:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DKelly 430e93d tonacsd 

Are you trying to replace the school ID with the email address of the student or staff?

You would need to "import users" and leave the school ID field blank to remove all the values

Then make sure the SIS or SSO has not been configured to reimport the numbers again by turning it off in the data mapping tab. 

Userlevel 1

Yes, Thank you I followed your steps and was able to remove all School IDs from our iiQ database. Thankyou

I have followed these steps multiple times importing users with a blank school ID field and they continue to show the School ID number.  We do not want this number to show on tickets as it is considered PII

Userlevel 1

Try submitting a ticket with iiQ as they helped me with some of my accounts that wouldn’t drop the iD value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@BHopkins 7904091 mdusd Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please submit a support ticket since it is continuing to update that field. 😄

Thanks @DKelly 430e93d tonacsd for jumping in with that suggestion!