Question

How do I change the list of user departments?

Badge +1

Hi,

We’re using the Microsoft Onsite Active Directory app to sync to our local active directory.  I’m trying to map our departments to the IIQ department field on the User record, but I can’t figure out how to change the list of IIQ departments to match ours.  Is there a way to include things like Admissions, Advancement, Facilities, etc in the drop down list of available departments in IIQ?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello, @RKEstrada! You should be able to set this up in your application’s management area under the Department Mappings tab. I am adding the link to the help guide below. Scroll to the Department Mappings section for more information. Please reach back out if this does not help you or if you have any more questions. 

Badge +1

Hi @Deborah Creekmore,

Unless I’m misunderstanding the documentation, it shows me how to map my departments to the pre-existing list of Departments in IIQ.  I’m asking how to add my own departments to the IIQ list so that they represent the department names that we use.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I apologize for misunderstanding your question, @RKEstrada. Unfortunately, there is currently not a way to customize and add your own departments. This would be a great suggestion to add in our idea exchange! https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This idea is similar but cannot find the idea that came from this thread